- 22 Oct, 2013
- Jon Tucker
- 0 Comments
In this episode of The Compete Marketing Group Show, we discuss how important it is to keep in touch with your prospects, to keep in touch with your customers, and basically stay top of mind with them.
One of the most effective ways to do this, and one of the easiest to implement is to have a simple monthly email newsletter.
Full Transcript of Audio Below
We’ve transcribed the audio into text and formatted it for easy reading below. Please excuse any typos or odd wording, as this transcript is taken directly from the spoken word within the audio above.
We’ve talked in other episodes on how important it is to basically get people to your website, and to generate leads on your website, but one of the things we haven’t touched on very much, but it’s still very important is how important it is to keep in touch with your prospects, to keep in touch with your customers, and basically stay top of mind with them.
- If you’re not constantly in contact with your customers, and prospects either through email or through phone calls or whatever the medium is, then it becomes difficult for them to remember you when it comes time to purchase a product or service that you offer.
- One of the most effective ways to do this, and one of the easiest to implement is to have a simple monthly email newsletter.
What’s an Email Newsletter?
Basically what you’re doing in this case is you’re adding prospects, and customers to an email list, and you’re sending them a monthly newsletter with information that they will find helpful that comes from you. So it’s a touch point where you can connect with customers, and with prospects, provide them with helpful information and that way you maintain that relationship, and keep it going.
What to Write About
One of the most important things to keep in mind with email newsletters is that it’s not about you.
- The content that you’re putting out there needs to be about the actual market, about the prospect, about the customer.
- It needs to be about something that they’re going to find interesting.
Think Like a Customer
You want to think of it from their point of view. While it may be somewhat interesting to you that maybe you’re having a holiday party, or maybe you acquired a company, or something along those lines, it’s not day to day interest for customers and prospects.
- They really want to know how you can help them, what you recommend to grow their business, and how you can help them to move forward.
- The type of content that you want to put out in your monthly email newsletter should be 80 to 90 percent focused on customers, and prospects, and what they can do to grow their business.
Content FROM You Builds YOUR Brand
Keep in mind, that because that information is coming from you, they’re going to appreciate that, and they’re going to remember that you are the source of that knowledge.
So, you’re still building up your brand, your still building credibility with them that’s going to help you generate sales from them, but you’re not doing it by talking only about your company, and so that’s the main thing to keep in mind when you’re looking at launching an email newsletter.
Make sure that content is really interesting, and really relevant to the customers, and prospects that you’re sending that to.
Email Newsletter Tools
There’s a number of tools that you can use.
- Some of them are very complicated, and you can get very in depth in terms of tracking what people do with the email newsletter, when they read it, when they open it, what’s most successful.
- There’s also other simple tools that you can use: Mailchimp.com is what we would recommend if you’re experimenting.
We’re happy to help you out with that, but the main thing that we wanted to talk about today is why it’s important to have a monthly email newsletter, and specifically what type of content should be within that monthly email newsletter.
We’re Happy to Help You
You can contact us and we’d be happy to go through a road map session where we will walk you through different aspects of your business in relation to web marketing and what you can do to generate more leads and more revenue online.