- 16 Jul, 2014
- Jon Tucker
- 0 Comments
If you’re using blogging to market your business, you need to ensure that it’s getting the most exposure possible. In this episode of The Compete Marketing Group Show, we share results from a marketing study that you can apply right away to get more exposure for your content and make it produce more results for your business.
* Note that this blog post is derived from the transcript of the audio discussion. Please excuse any typos or odd wording.
Publish Your Content On Best Days In The Week
If you publish your content that’s meant especially for a business audience, Tuesday and Wednesday are the best days to do that. This is based on the results of the study.
- On Mondays, people are not necessarily in content mode. They are coming back to work and they’re getting all of their tasks started
- On Thursdays and Fridays they’re moving into the weekend mode. And so,
- Tuesday and Wednesday are usually going to be your best bet to publish content.
Create An Effective Title
When creating content, pay special attention to the title of the blog post.
- Make sure the titles are short and to the point, and
- It is more effective to have the titles posed as a question.
The study found that;
- 60 characters or less in blog post title received the most social shares, and
- Titles that included a question mark had double the shares on social media.
Choose Social Media Channels That Give More Exposure
The social media channels that can give more exposure to your content as compared to other platforms are Facebook and Twitter.
- It was observed that 38% of the shares received on blog post content were on Twitter, and
- Facebook accounted for 33% of the total shares.
It is therefore critical for you to consider where your content is going to be shared and craft that into your content, so that’s it’s easily share-able. You should also consider adding an effective “call to action” so as to encourage people to further share your content within Twitter and Facebook.
Quick Summary And Next Actions
If you’re considering using content to market your business, we would love to speak with you. We have a lot of experience working with clients to develop high-end content that showcases their expertise, and we work with them to actually manage the entire process of:
- Creating content
- Publishing the content on certain days during the week,
- Promoting it on social media channels, and
- Getting maximum exposure for that content.
If you’re interested in how we can help you with that, please reach out to us. We’d be happy to share how we do this, and specifically how it might help your business.